Welcome

With two little boys, and a law student for a husband, I have plenty of nonsense to share.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

To The Rescue


On Sunday after church the boys wanted to watch a movie and eat popcorn. So we were doing that! Wayne had just changed his clothes, and happened to put on a clean white polo. The boys were on the floor stuffin their little baby faces, and we were in the kitchen, WHEN I HEARD CHOKING. (or...coughing) As the mother of young children, I know full well that popcorn is one of the most choke-able foods for toddlers. I couldn't see them, so I said "Is Cooper choking????" And Wayne didn't say anything.  Even worse though, he didn't RUN over there, immediately. So. I did. And I SHOVED Wayne out of the way in the process. 

I got there (pretty much I'm just running around the corner of the counter here, just to be clear) and Cooper is totally cool, just watchin his movie, whatever.

Relieved, I turn around only to see Wayne hunched over, trying not to let any more of the red juice that splashed all over his face (because he was drinking a fresh full glass of it when I shoved him out of the way to rescue a CHILD, which is why he couldn't answer me), get on his nice white shirt. 

And then I laughed. And said I was sorry. But mostly laughed. But mostly at myself for being crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment