So Wayne decided to go to law school pretty suddenly after Graham was born. As soon as he changed his major his grades improved, and he was much happier and interested in his classes. So right around the time Cooper was born he took the LSAT. (Everyone hoped and prayed that I wouldn't go into labor before the test.) He did pretty well, 93rd percentile, (WOOT WOOT), and we started looking at law schools. It came down to Emory, and University of Houston. After praaaaying and talking and praaaaying and praying and praying, we finally scrounged up a little time to get to the temple. I decided we should go to the Salt Lake Temple as neither of us had been and we were leaving Utah for sure. It was totally fantastic, I am so glad we did it, and as soon as we walked out the doors we knew we were going to Houston. Well since then, we've only received about 15 million blessings. Everything has fallen into place so quickly, and perfectly, including this house.We will be living in Pearland, a suburb of Houston. It's a little further south and closer to... the beach! Who knows how often we'll actually take advantage of that though since Cooper just likes to eat the sand, and Graham just likes to throw it. We can do that at home and then I don't have to worry about drowning.
It's a little 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, one story house. It's pretty simple/standard and perfect for what we need. It hasn't been cared for in a little while and Houston has been unusually dry this year so the lawn needs a lot of work. It was pretty much all dead when we found it and now that we've started watering it's quickly sprouting lovely, lush, green, weeds. I am thankful for a small yard because I have never cared for one before and I am learning that it is a lot, a lot, of work. In fact, I mowed the whole entire backyard yesterday all by my city-girl self, in the 100 degree heat, and it was hard work! I'm quite proud.
The house does need a little work. The roof and AC need some minor repairs, a single piece of siding needs to be replaced, and we will be painting and putting down some new flooring.
So there it is. Our home. It's not the best picture, and it looks a little mangy, but we're excited and ready to take it on.
I think its great! And super exciting. And kudos for mowing in 100 degrees... doesn't sound fun to me. :)
ReplyDeleteBut yay! And the beach... um, yay again. The boys are just getting older - Go. They'll love it. FUNNN for you!! Congrats on the house & the school & all 15 million blessings!!!!! :)
Your house look just perfect!!! I am so excited that everything is working out for you guys! Those are the blessing of obedience! Glad you get to see your family often and that you are so happy! Thanks for your awesome comment on my blog!
ReplyDeletewow - congrats on the house!!! Mowing the lawn is my favorite thing ever. Am I weird? Probably...
ReplyDeleteCute casa!!! Love it!
ReplyDelete