Every October, my family drives out to this roadside market called DiIoro Farms (www.diioriofarms.com) to get pumpkins. They used to have a big pumpkin patch where you could wander around looking for your perfect jack-o-lantern canvas, and little goats you could pet. I remember being very upset as a little girl when one tried to eat my dress. We always listened to the same Cd's on the way, and it was just a really fun tradition. My Dad was a busy guy when we were growing up and this was sort of his thing. We knew he would take us to pick our pumpkins and I looked forward to it every year. If you have ever heard his FAMOUS (in our family anyway) black widow with an egg sack-right next to his hand-holy crap-he almost died-story, this is where it happened.
It has changed a little, but we still get pretty excited about it. This year I got to share it with my own family, and my brother was there to snap a few pictures.
It has changed a little, but we still get pretty excited about it. This year I got to share it with my own family, and my brother was there to snap a few pictures.
The family pictures weren't so hot. We aren't great at holding still, looking in the same direction, keeping eyes open/fingers out of noses, all that good stuff. But these kid ones... I love them!
I am a very happy Momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment